Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Frogging in the a.m.

Last night, after coming home disgruntled from my board meeting (actually being disgruntled isn't that unusual), I stayed on until the wee hours chatting with people and having yarn lust.

I went to bed in the wee-er hours thinking...I'll just get a couple rows done on the Sherwood sweater I'm working on in CotLin Nightfall for my friend KB's son. I'm working it on turbo needles (thank you BL), and it's quite lovely. It's in the round...so right now it appears I'm making a coke bottle cozy.

When I left off, I was in mid row. Thankfully I have a row counter that I jimmied together of a reg rowcounter and teeny stitch holder. (I actually went out and bought the right kind...but I haven't had a chance to put it on). So I got confused which row I was on, and I needed to do the one with tiny cross over stitches and i didn't do them. So I frogged.

In my stupor, I thought I only needed to do only 3 instead of starting the two new section of cabley goodness on each end (i have no idea how to explain this without charts and a power point, so you're going to have to trust me). So I got to the end of the rowish area. Oh CRAP...So I frogged.

Third time was the charm and then I just stopped.

So much for productivity.

1 comment:

MJ said...

Wow, I could only understand about half of that! Here's how you know I'm even less than a beginner at knitting: I wasn't aware there was an entirely different lingo!