Thursday, October 16, 2008

hours of yarny goodness

So I finished the book "casts off" yesterday. It's like an alcoholic's guide to the best bars (wow, was that un-PC or what?). The book made stash hoarding and needle comparing and all the other whankines of knitting just sound COMPLETELY NORMAL.

Of course...it's not.

I took yesterday off work. A much needed time away. MUCH NEEDED.

I spent it finishing a sleeve on sherwood, and shipping out two projects--a baby blanket and some thread crochet. So nice to have that gone. I feel all nice when stuff is out of my house. I'm also hoping to get another cat blanket done soon so that I can give more yarn away.

I find that I now take my knitting bag everywhere. I finally bought a needle holder, which previously had seemed so useless to me. It was on sale though for $2.99, so it was a bargain...And now I love it. I keep my ruler in it too. My big problem with these was that I didn't think they were stiff enough to protect my precious needles. Turns out they are just fine. You get enough needles together in a roll, and they are unbreakable. Wooo.

Add to that, hopefully I will stop buying 87 sets of size six dpns. My issue is that most sock patterns call for 5 needles. 4 to hold the stitches, 1 to knit. But many sets (esp the aluminum) come in sets of 4, so I have to buy 2 sets. And then I forget I bought two sets and I buy two more. So right now...I have about 12 size 6 dpns. Yeah. that's useful.

I also did something smart (and KB's son's little hand will thank me for it), I cast off using a size 7 needle, so it's much much looser. Yeah that's only really interesting to me isn't it? Oh well.

I'll be going to Capital Yarns tomorrow for a knit fest for 2 hours. Should be fun.

No comments: