Monday, October 27, 2008

Yarn Fumes Attacked

I've been a bad bad girl.

I do think it helps that I've at least been honest about my badness. On Friday, I thought a great learning experience for the monkey would be to take her to With Yarn In Front--a LYS just south of me. They had spinning wheels and I thought it would be good for monkey to see actual spinning. But they had yarn there.

I know...it was a surprise to me as well. I had NO IDEA...none none none


So I walked out with Jojoland Harmony in HC05--I have no idea what I'm going to do with this. It's a lace weight merino and about 880 yards. No idea what its going to be. I knew it was pretty and I wanted it. Self control and I have not yet met.

Mostly because I've avoiding self control's calls.


I also bought two skeins of this.

It's plymouth lace baby alpaca in a scruptious chocolate. It's stunning,

Again, I have NO IDEA what i"m going to do with it.

I'm thinking a scarf. (like always, because there's not enough for a stole). I just don't know.

I bought two skeins giving me about 880 yards.


In other news, I ordered my needle set!!!!!!

GLEE

GLEE

GLEE.

It's the nickel based one (I prefer metal) and I have sizes 4 - 17 (wooo) and 3 sets of cables. BL has been RAVING about hers. Honestly, with as much time as I spend knitting, I really need just a good set of needles. And this will keep me from looking at projects and wondering if I have that size needle.

Though I'll still need 0, 1, 2, & 3.

Oh and the last cool thing:

I've been putting off buying blocking wires. I don't really want to spend a ton of money on the blocking stuff--so I bought these, and I'm going to see if they work.

One, I can find them really easily in a store.

Two, they are cheap: $1.99 for a big packet!

Three, I don't have to pay shipping.

I'll let you know how they work out. Hopefully well.

No comments: