Saturday, October 11, 2008

Stash busting for a cause

Last night we went to the pet store to get Jasper a new tag that says "diabetic"--incase he gets out or something...so someone doesn't try to feed him sugar cookies or something.

There's homeless kitties there. I get all sad about homeless kitties. I want to take them all home, and it is by luck (and the fear of a home visit) that keeps us a 2 cat household. Kittens are just so freakin' cute.

Well, while looking at the little cats and their towels...I had a brainstorm.

So far I've made two blankets for the kitties using my old yarn that I wasn't planning on using and was just using space. I'm using only washable yarn and crocheting in alternating rows of dcs and scs. I brought over the two today (made using Lion Homespun) and they seemed appreciative...plus i got 2 skeins out of my stash...the kitties looked pretty cute wrapped in the blankets.

GLEE

No comments: