Friday, October 17, 2008

I should never listen to internal coward...

So when I voiced to Boy that I was unsure about going tonight, he told me wise words--"I rather you regret going, then regret not." So I went.

I am very very glad I did. I was a bit worried it was going to be a bit of a yarn sale...cuz with Jasper's need for insulin, my yarn budget is rather low. But per usual Laura (she's my capital yarn yarn dealer...she gets me the gooood stuff) was just lovely as could be. So really you should visit Capital Yarns. It's a fun place and they are holding these things semi regular.

C, L & S (L's daughter...who given how young L looks is obviously the result of some child bride marriage...must ask if L was married to Jerry Lewis...) showed up. C's daughter goes to daycare with the monkey, so we had a good old time chatting about daycare and yarn and such. Then oddly enough it turns out L knows a daycare family...so it's an absurdly small world.

I'm also massively in love with Berocco Comfort. Yes, it's acrylic, but it is soooo freakin' soft. It's unbelivable. Omigosh. LOVE. I'm also completely in love with Dune. If you could see this yarn (follow the link and you will). L was doing a drop stitch scarf with it, and it was just freaking gorgeous.

I'm thinking of using the pattern for JM's dad's scarf, cuz it's manly but it add some shape and pattern...I'm making it with Waikiki.

The big news however is that I FINISHED SHERWOOD

Just have to sew in the ends and that puppy is out the door. Glee. Frolic. Joy.

No comments: