Thursday, October 2, 2008

Amateur Hour

I'm not the worlds best knitter. One, I knit completely wrong. Yeah...it's not pretty. And I know I should learn the correct way, but by now, I have my gauge completely right and I just don't want to take the time to get that down again. It's just a pain. I also don't know how to do intarsia so all of you waiting for argyle socks from me...keep waiting. I don't read charted patterns well...though I am learning. I also don't know how to splice. (warning this is kinda gross and includes lots of spit). (KB...i did not follow these directions, your son will not have a spit soaked sweater).

But I had reached an end of a ball and was looking at a lot of ends...and so I spliced. Following directions I found in a really gorgeous book I borrowed from the library...I did my first splice...GLEE.

I also realized that late at night, I don't follow directions very well.

I had completely ignored part of the pattern. This affected about 8 stitches 3 rows down on both sides. So I could frog.

Or I could fix.

I chose fix. At one point I had 4 needles in my hands as I tried to create those crossy stitches only without knitting and without losing everything. I did lose my temper when Boy tried to get into bed and nearly TOUCHED the bed while I was trying to do this. I think I started to cry at one point.

But it's done. And you can't tell really where I totally screwed up. Somedays I wonder if I've been knitting 12 years or 12 days.

Oh and the book...now all I want to do is knit lace shawls...SIGH...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the blog world!

All the best-
fabulousfeather