Tuesday, September 30, 2008

My buddy BL

When you go a long time feeling like you're the only knitter in the world...and certainly the only one who isn't 80...and by far the only one you know...you get kinda used to the comments.

"oh, i could never do that"
"omigosh where do you find the time..."
"I tried, but i lost interest"

Sure i had the occasional knitting group, and the random "oh that's pretty" but nothing really clicked. I had no knitting soulmate.

Enter BL.

We don't knit the same, we don't do the same projects, and we don't like the same things all the time. But we can wax poetic on yarn, we can run over to get new needles...we can sit and knit (or not) in starbux (and outside it) for hours and hours.

It's just nice to have someone to share new projects with, to discuss needles with...to have knitting fun with. Someone who doesn't look at me when I bring my project bag everywhere I go and think I'm super weird. I really haven't had that before. And it's really nice.

Oh, and she makes fun of people too...sigh, her needles are stuck right through my heart. :)

No comments: