Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Virka-Sticka

So I was inspired...my friend BL has a knitting blog...and I really covet...so I thought I'd start one.

I have a blog on my space that is so underused it's pathetic, but there it is. I used to be more inspired maybe. But knitting and crocheting has become massively important to me, and I've refound my passion for it. Helps that a good friend knits with me.

so why virkasticka

Virka--swedish for crocheting
Sticka--swedish for knitting

Thus virkasticka! I'm actually kinda proud of this.

On my sticks
Baby sweater for bonny...former coworker...but either I finish it or I throw away the yarn. Sockotta bought from Patternworks--love that store, hate their catalog. Why they have to make their own code for weights is beyond me...like I'm supposed to remember the color-codes you arbitrarily assigned. WHANKERS

Baby sweater for KB...it's sherwood from knitty done in nightfall cotlin from Knit picks

Scarf for JM's dad...It's in a loose garter stitch on size 13 needles...but I'm thinking of frogging and redoing in seed.

On my hook

Nothing...yeah, I'm as shocked as you.

Waiting for finishing

Baby blanket for Ron/Kim
Baby sweater for michelle

I need to get off my ass.

No comments: