Thursday, November 6, 2008

Where I've been

I do not handle stress or anticipation well. I don't enjoy tension or surprises or waiting for an answer. I have often wished for a fast forward button on my life. It's just I want to skip ahead to the end. And once I know how it ends, then I'm more likely to enjoy the journey.

Thus is why I've been incommunicado for the last days. My free time was given over to the political will as much as possible. But Tuesday is over, and my life has calmed down significantly.

On Sat, we drove up to SO Original in Olney. The owner is married to a coworker and it was their grand opening. This doesn't explain the 18 skeins of yarn I bought, but let's pretend it mitigates the crime.

I bought 10 skeins of Berocco Comfort DK in beet red for a baby blanket I'm going to make. I also bought seven in cornflower for a sweater gwen wants. I think I'm going to do the sherwood pattern again...because while in the store it was the only one I could remember the amount of yarn I would need. Note: next time take the laptop so I can do an instant "ravelry" search. I may go and look at my options just in case.

I also bought Berocco Ultra Alpaca fine in this peat mix. Not sure it was at all necessary, but it's pretty and I like it, and BL SWEARS that lace yarn does not qualify as stash. This is rationalization at its highest form. Plus you put alpaca and lace together--my ability to resist is crushed. It really looks more bluish in person.

That said, I'm a third of the way through my scarf. It will definitely need some blocking. It's all over the place. The problem is i have new needles. And my needles are lonely. I must start 77 new projects. I MUST.

No comments: