Monday, November 17, 2008

Knitting, Muffins and Dingly Danglies

Such a fun night.

Went to the knitting group at Panera last night. It was packed with some of my fav people--Alise, Candice, Bianca, Azar--and I got a lot of work done on the x-mas gift. Which is good because straight stockinette is starting to wear thin. Thank gosh it's awesome yarn.

So we're there and there are some new kids...Bethany...turns out it was another knitting group that just happened to be meeting same time/same place. We just merged seamlessly. We were telling yarn tragedies...like Vicki's yarn being stolen out of her cart at Costco...Alise washing a washable sweater only to have the three-needle bind-off come loose and ravel.

I told them of my trip to Hunt County yarns and my own horror.

So we go to HCY. Lovely store, and I'm walking around while A watches the monkey...At some point gwen finds a skein of rayon ribbon yarn in pink, orange and purple (this will be important). And she tangles the crap out of it. In fact, it's so tangled that I question if it was all gwen--or gwen is some sort of tangling prodigy. So I offer to untangle...how long can it take.

If you're wondering why I didn't buy it...because it was pink orange and purple. See told you important. It was seriously pretty dang fug.

It took an HOUR to detangle.

That said I did walk out with Knitted Lace of Estonia and some Zephyr lace weight yarn in sage.It's a wool/silk blend that I'm just in love with. I'm sure I could find it cheaper online, but dang it's pretty...

I'm totally loving this book, and it is by the strongest willpower imaginable I have not cast on ANYTHING. Yeah, I'm THAT good.

So I brought my purchases to the knitting group...where all oooheeed...and ahhhheeed. And at 8:00 when we had been there for 1.5 hours, they brought us free muffins! What could be nicer.

No comments: