Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Casting off and casting on

I finished my scarf last night in the knotted pattern. Definitely needs to be blocked, which I'll try to do this weekend.

It's very long and very warm, and I'm really in love with it. It's so different, and just a great color. I don't know what I'll do with the remnant. I thought I'd keep knitting, but I was seriously verging on dr. suess territory with how long it was getting. Once fully blocked, it will be STUNNING.

Thank you to Alise who gave me a common sense guide to wet blocking. I had been doing the spray bottle kind. She uses..SHAMPOO and CONDITIONER. How smart. Obviously just for the natural fibers. After all, what's wool other than hair.

Andrew offered to help me block it last night, but I've got so much blocking to do. I'm just going to wait.

I cast on a wrap last night in the Malabrigo Lace--this yarn is obscene. It's like knitting with air, only soft and deliciously dyed air. I'm addicted. I want to make EVERYTHING using this yarn. It's for an x-mas gift.

That said. I'm a good 60% thru my christmas list. I've gotten A's entire family done, except for the project I have to finish...then I have a few friends done, and a few kidlings done. I feel pretty confident about this year--thank you etsy.com

No comments: