Thursday, November 20, 2008

Stuff I like that I didn't think I'd like but I guess I do.

I do not like lace.

Nope not me. Don't like it. Don't like shawls. Don't wear them. Nope.

So why am I so fascinated with this

It's called Forest path. Estonian Lace knitting. Pretty Righteous.

It's stunning. It's made of entrelac lace knitting. It's like getting a doctorate in nanotechnology, while at the same time becoming a brain surgeon.

Someone, someone evil, thought "hey, entrelac is really complicated...so is lace. VOILA...ENTRELACE."

sigh. and I'm not this person.

Yet somehow, what I would buy in a store, and what i would spend hours upon HOURS of making for myself and then wearing...completely two separate things. Not even remotely related. WEIRD.



Like this.

I covet this.

I long for this. It takes every ounce of self-restraint not to beat on BLs door for some fingering weight yarn and make this RIGHT THIS MINUTE.

I've been practicing self control all week.

Must finish Christmas...when all i want to do is knit lace...

and i'm not a lace person.

except...i guess i am.

No comments: