Sunday, June 7, 2009

The Quest Continues

So right now I have three things on the hooks, 1 thing on the needles...all gifts. This doesn't count the three pairs of socks I have in progress. One of which I'm going to rip out.

I cast on a baby blanket for a friend. I usually crochet tight, so I went up from a G to an H. I get the base done which is 7 square motifs. And it's long.

Luckily I was with my knitting group--which OMIGOD I LOVE. And i look at them: "okay guys, this is supposed to be 7 motifs by 10 motifs. This is 7"

"That's not a baby blanket, Jen, that's an afghan"

Good to know, so i'm making it 7 by 6. I think it'll be fine, and I'm not doing the edging, cuz it's dumb. Sorry but picot chains are just a waste of yarn in most cases. Plus it's for a boy. And it's just dumb.

If i have enough yarn, I'll do a crab stitch on the outside, which adds a really nice beaded edge.

We'll see how it turns out.

No comments: