Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Knitty Kitty

So I'm still working on all my projects. I got a book from the library--thinking I want to learn to knit right, but again my gauge. I was thinking about trying continental. And trying to actually doing English. Heck I am an anglophile. My big worry is about my gauge. I got it so dead on right now. But I feel like such a deplicted knitter. Like I'm riding the knitting shortbus. And I'm just waiting for the knitting guidance counselor to tell me maybe I should look into "safety schools."

The funny thing...is that i'm watching promos for knit & crochet today...it's a pbs show that I didn't know about...i'm in thrill. So i'm watching the promo for the chick who does felting on the show (i've never felted...i'm always like six years behind the curve)...So this woman who OWNS a knit shop...she knits just as deplicted as I do. GLEE...I'm not the only loser one!

All this knitting is keeping me decently distracted as I deal with an illness in the family...namely my cat. He's been drinking a lot lately, so we took him in for tests. They were supposed to come back today. They didn't. I think I called the vet 5 times. They were nice every time, and they understood that Jasper is my furry soulmate. (That link is when Jazzy was cat of the day 8 years ago...I just found out...he had fan mail)

So I'm going to go to bed now...listen to a book on tape and try to fix a hole in my lace...with some picked up stiches. UGH.

No comments: