Sunday, March 22, 2009

Projects galore

So the past two weeks have been mental-exhaustion. So I was crawling to my knitting group the way a thirsty man crawls to an oasis. I took Gwen as Andrew was helping someone move, and it took a lot longer than he expected, like 7 hours longer.

Anyway. Gwen and peaceful me-time knitting group does not mix. I got very little work done on the koolhaas hat I was doing for boy. He wanted bright and not subtle, so he chose the amish colorway by lorna laces. It is bright. It flashes. omigod it flashes. I'll have to post some pictures.

So I take it with me to canada. all 5 wooden needles

Odd side note....does bamboo count as wood enough so that if you stabbed a vampire with a bamboo needle, would it kill him?

Anyway...

I take to canada

I finish in Canada. WOOOOOO HOOOOOO

I then decide i need some simple calm knitting to just zone out to...like a sock. Yes. So I got Plymouth Happy Feet in red. i love this yarn. it's soft and cheap. (well if you don't mind $12 socks that you have to make yourself). So i cast on switcheroo sock which is in the back of my book on handpainted sock yarns. Cast on the big size because I have big feet. Get a ways down...uh...too big

Frog

Cast on Switcheroo in medium size because my feet aren't THAT big

Ugh...yarn does not go with pattern. Looks just weird. (see the one in the pic looks cool...mine...not so much)

Frog

Cast on blackrose sock large size...as I have big feet. Get aways down uh...tooo big

Frog

Cast on blackrose socks in med size as my feet arent' THAT big. Looking good, but my feet are narrow and the sock is mostly stockinette, so although it's fine on my leg...going to be super loose on my feet. So i'm changing to smaller needles a la the instructions of Bethany... So if they suck...HER FAULT...

not mine.

on a complete random side note...my cat is just lovely...he's sleeping and he just woke up with this cute look of "shouldn't you be knitting and listening to that biography of Aaron Burr you've been enjoying?"

Why yes Jasper...I should. Bye.

No comments: