Sunday, December 7, 2008

Italians at Purl Harbor

I've started to think my knitting group keeps me sane.

I wear so many hats at once...working mom, wife, friend, etc. It's not easy...but at knitting, I shut down everything else and I talk yarn love. It's fun to just have a group that laughs together, talks together, and accomplishes things. It's lovely.

Today, A brought her omigod gorgeous swift and her ball winder so I could make some balls...oh, that sounds so dirty. I had 500 yard of alpaca, 200 yards of merino sock, and...something I forgot to mention to A...1400 yards of merino lace. A set out her swift (which I covet) and I got the alpaca done pretty quick...then I brought out the lace.

Thankfully A helped me do it. Lace is sooooo a two person job. Esp, merino lace--it tends to stick to itself. So we're in the midst of this and these two guys with Italian accents come by and say they've never seen anyone do this (esp at a Panera, I bet). They introduce themselves as from Italy, and ask if they can take a picture of us winding balls (okay that sounds dirtier). But so now Alise has a fan club in Italy--as usual I ducked out of the photo. I don't like pictures of me.

I also got a couple rows done on my shawl. It is so gorgeous. I can't wait to block it.

In other news, my college JMU won today. GLEE.

No comments: