Sunday, February 22, 2009

The 6-day clapotis

About two weeks ago...I started my clapotis. I made it in fingering weight yarn...imagination from knit picks--evil stepmother

Better picture of this yarn is here.

It's an alpaca, wool, nylon blend...and i love alpaca.

So it took me four days to do it. It's so nice. My friend JK wanted to make a clapotis herself...she got the most gorgeous yarn, wool, silk, linen blend...I just tried for like 10 minutes to find the yarn. But it's gorgeous. Of course, having her working on hers, she needed support...say me casting on with the gorgeous malabrigo my friend BL gave me (THANK YOU B)

I also bought some of this ---

I'm making andrew a hat. Actually a very awesome hat. The Koolhaas hat...

And yes it is actually a boy pattern...

In other news, I'm about 1/2 way through a baby blanket i'm working on, and about 1/4 though another. I'm desperately trying to finish things so I can work on some lace...that would be lovely.

Now off to plan menus for the week.

No comments: